Thursday, May 29, 2014

Better Late Than Never: Wedding Shower Recap

I know, I know. I've been slacking on my blogging duties (among other things), but I have been so crazy busy this past month. The wedding is ONLY THREE DAYS AWAY. I know. I can't believe it either.

Anyway, I never told you all about how the shower went. Well, let's just say, I have an awesome maid of honor, who also happens to have an equally awesome mom. They put on a wonderful wedding shower for me and Brittney.

Probably the biggest hit was the food, (which is also my personal favorite). I preprepared a lot of food before hand but there was still a lot to do the morning of. 


You see those super cute petit fors over there on the right? Yeah I slaved over those and they were delicious!


We also had a sangria bar. We had red and white to choose from and you could top it off with your favorite fruit. They were both delicious as well.

So, after everyone got a bit to eat and drink, we played a few party games and handed out door prizes to the winners. The prizes consisted of things like wine, soap baskets, gift cards, handmade jewelry, and more. 
We played the very well known toilet paper wedding dress game where everyone split into teams and made a wedding dress out of toilet paper. These were the contestants:


I, personally, think they all look fabulous, but the belted dress took the prize!

We all had a lot of fun playing games and just catching up with friends and family! So, I'm going to leave you with a few pictures of all the fun details of the day!


The cupcake wedding dress I put together! 


Details


Only 3 more days now!


Brittney and I with my aunt, Cherish, and mother, April.


Mrs. Jean, the host of the party, had such beautiful flowers blooming in her garden!


Brittney and my little sister, Emma!


Everyone enjoying the beautiful weather!


My groomsman and his girlfriend Jenn!


Thanks for reading!!

Burgundy



No comments:

Post a Comment