Monday, April 28, 2014

Houston Museum of Fine Arts

I know it's been about a month since I have blogged, but we have been quite the busy couple these past few weekends!

A few weekends ago, my grandparents made a visit to Houston. Our first visitors!! The three of us visited the Houston Museum of Fine Arts downtown. They happened to have a Impressionism exhibit. One of my favorite Art Eras! There were plenty of famous paintings by well-known painters. Here are some of my favorites:


Dancers In The Classroom - Degas

Edgar Degas is, is by far, one of my favorite painters. He painted beautiful paintings of dancers. I had never seen a Degas in person until I visited this exhibit, so I was thrilled. I was also surprised to learn that he did sculpture as well. There are very few of his sculptures displayed, and I got to see one of them!


Little Dancer - Degas

One of my other favorites is Claude Monet. He used a lot of beautiful vibrant colors and his paintings really stand out. These two were my favorites of his at the exhibit.


Tulip Fields at Sassenheim - Monet


The Rock Needle and Porte d'Aval - Monet

This painting happened to be the collector's favorite. It was colorful and strangely captivating, yet the only subject matter was an onion. 


Onion - Renior

Lastly, my favorite piece that wasn't in the impressionist exhibit was this mobile. It was so beautiful to see one of Caulder's sculptures in person.


The museum was wonderful! I can't wait to go back again. To wrap up the day, we met Brittney at a little turkish restaurant downtown called Pasha. It was delicious!

The next day we went to the Woodlands to visit the Woodlands Waterway Arts Festival. There were TONS of booths set up with artists from all over the country showing off their handmade art. There was every genre of art I can think of. We couldn't even get to it all. It would've taken us days to see all of the wonderful things they had there. Not to mention, the scenery was beautiful too.


All in all, it was a wonderful weekend and we can't wait to have them back for another visit!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment