Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Wedding Shower Crafty: Part II

Melanie and I were busy all week long planning the wedding shower. We shopped tip we dropped and ended up spending very little money! One of the paper crafts we finished were the banners. These banners are very similar to the ones I will make for the wedding. They turned out so cute! this one is my favorite.


This one will be hung as part of the back ground for our Photo Booth! I found this template on pinterest of course, but they didn't have numbers. We had to type those up ourselves. It wasn't too difficult to get them the right size so these would be very day to make at home!

Rather than buying clothes pins to attach them to the twine, we punched 4 holes in each and threaded the twine through. It was so simple! I hope to find a place for this one at the wedding. I just love the heart!

Another thing Melanie and I worked on were door prizes for the games. Most of them were store bought. Only one did we have to make ourselves. I saw this idea online and thought it would make an adorable gift. We bought a simple canvas bag at the craft store for $1 (it was half off! yay for sales!). 


We made a heart stencil and used a pencil eraser dipped in 4 different shades of acrylic paint to give it the ombre effect. I might have to make one of these for myself!

I don't want to give away any other prizes now, but will post all about the shower come April!

We bargain shopped our hearts out last week and found lots of great steals. One was this super cheap and cute chalkboard that I definitely plan on using for long after wedding festivities. It was only $15 at Marshall's! We had planned on making our own with chalkboard paint, but I couldn't pass this up. I do love a good bargain.


There are going to be plenty more decorations and it is really going to turn out cute. Hopefully, our guests will enjoy themselves as much as we did planning it!

Thanks for reading!
Burgundy


No comments:

Post a Comment