Thursday, December 5, 2013

Thanksgiving!

It has been a while since I have posted and it sure has been a busy week! So much wonderful food and time with family. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving in Gulfport, Ms with my family. It was a long 6 hour drive from Houston to Gulfport, but we made it in the knick of time Wednesday night. 


Meiko made himself right at home in no time at all!
Brittney made her "famous" banana pudding the morning of. It was a task because I messed up and didn't buy the right amount of ingredients, but we made it work!


Brittney said the smiley face is her signature! It was oh so delicious! Maybe she will let me post the recipe on here.
First, we had lunch at my grandfather's house. There were lots of people there this year and they had a beautiful place setting!


I loved the fresh flowers they set out on the table. It was a nice touch. The food was great as usual. Turkey, stuffing, spinach, corn casserole, homemade cranberry sauce, lima beans, sweet potatoes, rolls, cornbread, and my grandfather's classic gravy. Oh so delicious.


Brittney said those aren't the foods they usually serve in Tennessee, but I think she enjoyed it.


My grandfather took the time to snap this picture of all of us at the table!


And we, of course, took selfies with our wine glasses!

Later, we made our way over to my grandmother's, where my mom's side of the family celebrated with dinner. Oh, and more wine...


More great food there! There was so much, I couldn't fit it all in the picture!


Brittney took a power nap while waiting for all the family to arrive!


And I took selfies with my brother, Joseph.


I made everyone get in for a family picture!

All in all, it was a great Thanksgiving! Lots of catching up with family and friends, great food and wine.  I hope you all had a wonderful holiday as well. I can't wait for Christmas!

Thanks for reading!
Burgundy



No comments:

Post a Comment