Monday, November 11, 2013

[Recipe] White Cheese and Chicken Lasagna

For my first recipe post, I decided to use one of the new recipes I made for dinner the other night. I've always loved lasagna and this spin on it was absolutely delicious!

Keep in mind, I hardly use measurements so there won't be any here, but I'm sure you could google it and fine one. I made enough for two with a little left over.
What you will need:

3 or 4 boneless chicken tenderloins (or breast, whichever you prefer)
frozen or fresh spinach
whichever white shredded cheese you prefer
ricotta cheese
parmesean cheese
sour cream
a few tablespoons of butter
alfredo sauce
lasagna noodles
minced garlic
minced onions (I only use these because Brittney doesn't like onions and I can sneak these in)
basil
Italian seasoning
salt
pepper



First, set your oven to 400 degrees. Then, boil your spinach, noodles, and chicken. I only needed to cook 3 noodles. I used a 9x9 glass baking dish, broke the noodles in half, and was able to make two noodle layers with that.

Now, you need to make your cheese sauce. Mix the jar of Alfredo, butter, minced garlic, minced onion, and spices. Continue to cook over low heat. 


Once your chicken, noodles, and spinach  are finished cooking, you can begin to make your lasagna layers. 
First, put a shallow layer of your cheese sauce on the bottom of the pan. Add three of the noodles on top of the sauce. 


Next, shred your chicken. Mix with a few spoonfuls of ricotta cheese and sour cream. Spread on top of the noodles and sprinkle a bit of Parmesan cheese. 


Add another noodle layer, and top with your drained spinach. Sprinkle a bit of Parmesan on top of that. 


Pour the rest of the cheese sauce over the spinach and top with Italian shredded cheese. 


Bake this in the oven for about 30 minutes. I put some garlic bread in during the last ten. 


When it's finished baking, turn the broiler for a minute or so to brown the cheese slightly. 



Voila! This lasagna was absolutely delicious! Enjoy!



Thanks for reading!
Burgundy

No comments:

Post a Comment